FOBS is a registered charity ( Registered Charity No. 1067838 ) which aims to enhance the school’s resources by raising funds for school equipment, activities and outings. Parents and teachers get together and organise social and fund-raising events throughout the school year. The events are varied and provide an opportunity for families to meet and have fun, whilst helping to support the school. In recent years FOBS has provided the school with a wide range of resources for each classroom, IT equipment and books.
FOBS is a wonderful opportunity for parents and teachers to work together and improve the resources that will help our children develop. New parents are always welcome to join and any ideas, help and assistance, even if you are not on the committee, are always welcome. We are a growing school but are still relativity small so all support is always much appreciated. If you are interested in coming along, look at our school calendar page here https://benington.herts.sch.uk/news-dates/term-dates/. for meeting dates or contact the school.
There are a several easy ways to support us to raise much needed funds for the school.
- Come along to one of our FOBS events – Events and meeting are listed on the School Calendar
Help raise funds for Benington JMI School, Benington whenever you shop online! Use easyfundraising to shop with over 3,300 big name retailers including Amazon, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS – when you shop, you’ll raise a free donation for Benington JMI School, Benington every time, it’s that easy!
Help support us: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/friendsofbeningtonschool/
Another great way to support the school is to switch from using the amazon main site to www.ssmilemile.amazon.co.uk and we will receive a donation every time you shop with Amazon. Simply choose your cause to support as Friends of Benington School.
- Making money out of old clothes surely that is not possible ?? Well it is. We have 3 collections from Bags to school per year of clothing and other textile materials so if you are having a sort out we need your donations.
- There is a collection box on the playground near the green shed opposite the mobile classroom (Beech Class)
- Simply pop your bags of unwanted clothing in there at any point and they will be collected at our next collection.
- Check out this link to Bags 2 school to see what items they take and spread the word to neighbours friends and family the more bags we collect the more money we make.
- FOBS Newsletter 21st July 2022 (276.75KB)
- FOBS Newsletter 27th May 2022 (206.61KB)
- FOBS meeting 21/01/2022 (113.20KB)
Chairpersons – Siân Bodenham and Kelly Watkins
Treasurers – Cassie Holdsworth and Jessica Cook
Secretary – Inga Vareva-McDonald
Click here to meet our committee members ;
We also are supported by a number of non-trustee members and a regular team of helpers.
If you would like any further information on any of our events or have any questions please speak to one of the FOBS members, your parent representative or email email@example.com